If you combined the SwopBoard team’s favorite organizational tools and tips, you would have an arsenal of apps, planners, lists, post-its, and websites. But, we all have one thing we can’t live without. We’re ready to unveil our secret weapons. Are you ready? Do you have a pen and paper? (Of course you do, we share the same organizational spirit).
- “Erin Condren Life Planner. This is the queen of planners. To begin, you personalize and customize your cover. When you open the planner, the fun begins. Every month has a different color theme with inspirational quotes, each day is broken up into three boxes for morning, afternoon and night, and there is a to-do list and goals list for every week. Plus, it comes with stickers to designate things like birthdays, appointments, holidays, etc. ”
- “Hipster PDA. This bundle of index cards held together with a binder clip is the only thing I have ever found helpful. Sometimes it is most effective to go back to the basics.”
- “Stickies. My computers and desk are covered with stickies where I write my to-do lists. If the Sticky Note is green, it means it’s important. Wait…that’s the only color I ever use…” (Side note: make sure your Stickies are helping you, not creating MORE clutter)
- “Kanban Boards. I like that they keep me focused on one task at a time, so I don’t waste time jumping in-between tasks. I also like that I have a visual presentation of everything I have to do; as well as what has been done.”
- “Cozi. This easy-to-use app lets me manage everything family-related in one place – school schedules, sports schedules, shopping lists, and to-do lists. We can all access this information at anytime, meaning that we’re always guaranteed to be on the same page!”
- “Evernote. It is a fantastic tool for lists, and I can use it on my phone and my computer. If I’m out and something comes up, I can add it to my to-do list on my phone and it syncs so conveniently.”
Have a friend who wants to get more organized? Send her this post and help her out!